Pasvalys Marius Katiliskis public library aims to promote an equitable access to relevant educational, recreational, and cultural library resources in order to enhance and enrich the lives of community residents. Established in 1937, the Library serves over 30,000 people across an area covering 1289 square kilometres through 32 branches and a bookmobile.
The central library is located in the town of Pasvalys, in the Vytautas Didysis square.
The library offers to its visitors a range of free services:
- an access to a selection of fiction and non-fiction books, magazines and newspapers; the central library also has a collection of books in English and French;
- use of computer workstations; in order to use library computers visitors must login with their account ID and their password. Visitors don't have to be library members to obtain a free library computer account.
- internet access at computer workstations or wireless;
- Lithuanian and foreign online databases;
- computer and internet training courses;
- library reference services;
- excursions in the library;
- various events;
- Only registered Library members can borrow items from the Library collections. Upon registering a member will be given a magnetic Library card that allows borrowing at all other Lithuanian public libraries. The Library card one-time fee is 0,87 Eur for adults, 0,58 Eur for students, 0,29 Eur for children, seniors and disabled persons.
Black and White A4 format from library materials – 0,04 Eur per sheet
Black and White A4 format from visitor's documents – 0,10 Eur per sheet
Colour – from 0,60 Eur to 1,90 Eur per sheet
Black and White A4 format – 0,05 Eur per sheet
Colour – from 0,30 Eur to 1,75 Eur per sheet
A4 format – 0,15 Eur per sheet
From 0,48 Eur to 3,00 Eur
- Interlibrary loan:
Courier services costs
- Bibliographical referencing:
Lists with more than 20 entries – 0,14 Eur per entry